Friday, August 23, 2013

sufficient

The thing about seeking perfection, I've come to realise, is that perfection comes only when you stop looking for it. So many times, I've reached a point where I've had to convince myself that, maybe this is it, maybe it isnt attainable. Then give it anything ranging from a few days to a few months, it would dawn on me that what I already have, is perfect enough. 

I dont need to constantly come up tops. I dont need to always be first. What I do want is knowing I've tried my best, and if it in some way concerns anyone else, that me giving my best is enough. Because we both know that I wouldnt bother with anything that doesnt matter to me, but when it does, I put every bit of myself into it. 

When you try too hard at anything, trying eventually leads to forcing. And forcing is just a constant roller coaster ride of feeling insufficient, paranoia and sometimes, desperation. Its dwindles down what you started off enjoying to a constant struggle of trying to prove your worth. 

And nobody deserves to be subjected to the need to prove themselves constantly. 

It seems easy to say it, and if you really get down to it, it is alot easier to do too. I just need to know that trying my best and giving my all is enough, regardless of what I may or may not achieve. That me being enough is sufficient. And that sufficient could very well be perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment