Thursday, October 18, 2012

(I think I made you up inside my head)

It's safe to say I've settled in. My days have been a crazy blur of the repetitive wake up|work|sleep cycle and then throw in days like yesterday and today, where I've days off, and it comes to this abrupt halt of too much free time of doing nothing.

As much as I miss home still, I actually quite like staying alone. The thing about missing out on something that was once a norm is you get to rediscover it's depleted worth. Never again will I neglect the fact or doubt that Singapore is indeed a food haven. Or shun funky smelling, sardine-packed commuters in public transport. But as with every single speck in this universe - missing out, lost or cherishing - things change. I've never felt further away from everyone I deem significant in my life. Sometimes I want to call but I dont know what to say because 'I miss you' cheapens how I feel and it simply does not suffice.

That said, it has only been a month. I am almost very certain 5 more months will fly by and before I know it, I'll be back home, right where I belong in my snug bed, and maybe who knows, I might be missing Langkawi then.

No comments:

Post a Comment