Friday, December 7, 2012

Here comes a feeling you thought forgotten


"You're a book written in ten languages.
All beautiful, but none I understand."

Had some actually rather legit bubble tea two days back. In between sipping from my ice cold cup of goodness and making a mental note to give stalls here more credit than I sub-consciously offer, I genuinely felt contented and happy.

Christmas is coming, all too soon, and it is quite hard to be looking forward to celebrating Christmas when you know you'll be working, in a Muslim country and away from home. Im having none of the ridiculous amount of ham, home cooked food, Orchard road light ups, present buying, card making and baking. It's always hard when you think you've settled down enough and something like this crops up and sets you on a roller coaster ride of nostalgia and yearning.

On the bright side, there is always chicken ham and I could very well still bake something if I want to. Plus Im sure no one would say no to presents. Hahaha, I think adopted optimism quite well but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Also, IM HALFWAY THROUGH HALF A YEAR! Work has been extremely rewarding. I, honestly, love everything new. Meeting the loveliest, kindest and funniest guests around and being spoilt silly, being able to have really good food more often than I deserve.

But home is still my favourite...

No comments:

Post a Comment