Friday, February 28, 2014

“The moment you place someone on a pedestal, they will look down upon you.”

I think my most prominent problem is that I try to see the best out of everyone, too much and too often for my own good. I overlook warning signs, I ignore the flashing lights. Time and time again, I trust that my kindness will be acknowledged, if not reciprocated. I trust people right away, right up until they prove they cannot be trusted, which by then, turns out to be too late, isn't it. 

The hilarious irony is, in giving more than my 100% and yet being unappreciated and pushed around at work, being a disposable friend, letting people take advantage of the fact that I am not one to say "no", putting myself in a position where I am always a pushover and settling for significant others who constantly makes me feel insignificant... no one disappoints me, really, but myself. 

They always say to not mistake one's kindness for their weakness. My kindness, on the contrary, is my biggest weakness. Someone teach me how to be unkind, please. 

No comments:

Post a Comment