Sunday, September 16, 2012

home is where the heart is

Holla from Langkawi! Had a relatively smooth flight, not so smooth goodbye and a rather nice welcome.

Definitely not what I had expected but I more or less am starting to feel comfy in my apartment here. Life here is so different from Singapore. Its just day 2 and I've 6 more months but Im already missing home! While I'm glad to be out of the hustle and bustle of city life, I still have a long way to go to get used to so much tranquility.

The thing about time alone is that you tend to think more. Can't wait for work to start so I get my mind off things. Love the fact that booze and fags are extremely cheap here (seriously guys, heaven could highly be in the form of liquor and tobacco stores here) and that everyone is really friendly and helpful. Abielt the kampung setting, I can get just about everything I need.

The downside is the rainy season. 1. Shit load of insects. I try to act tough but the variety and amount scares me sometimes. 2. Roomie is down with fever cos we ran in the rain yesterday.I hope I don't fall ill too ugh. 3. Being cooped up in bed while its pouring makes me miss being cuddled with a smelly someone.

I know I sound far from being independent / self sufficient but its really different to be in Singapore missing one of me while I'm here alone (kinda) missing everyone so badly. But trust me when I say I'm tryingggg ~ Hope all's well back at home. I send all my love!

No comments:

Post a Comment